SCORING REQUIREMENTS PRIOR TO THE START OF GAMES
It is important that the following requirements are met prior to the start of each game and confirmed at half time by the score bench and the referees.
(DOES NOT APPLY TO U10’s)
1) Please confirm that all players on each team are accounted for on the score screen prior to the start of the game.
2) The score bench and the referees are required to confirm the player count at half time and agree that it is accurate.
3) Any player who is NOT present and accounted for at half time must be removed from the scoresheet – this will be completed by the Referees.
4) Players not registered to a team that are a fill in player, must be entered into the system by the Court Coordinator and can only play a maximum of 4 games for the team.
- Teams: Prior to the commencement of the game, scorer is to enter the names and numbers of the players who are to start the game. When there is an error in the names/numbers of the players not matching, the scorer is to immediately notify the Court Coordinator or Referee.
- Points scored: All field goals and the free throws are to be entered in to the iPad against the Players name who scored them. Please also enter the correct points into the scoreboard to display on court wall
- Fouls charged against each player are to be entered into the iPad, plus recorded on the scoreboard. The scorer must notify a referee immediately when five (5) fouls are charged against any player.
- Possession Arrow: The possession arrow is required to start at neutral. Immediately after the first jump ball has occurred, the scorer shall move the possession arrow to point towards the goal end of the team that did not “win” the jump ball. On each proceeding ‘jump ball’ situation, the scorer is to reverse the possession arrow direction.
- In the case of any discrepancy between the scoreboard and the score-screen which cannot be resolved, the score-screen shall take precedence and the scoreboard shall be corrected accordingly. The scorer must note this/these down on a piece of paper and ask the Court Coordinator or Referee for assistance to correct at half time or at the end of the game. A Court Coordinator is provided at every venue.
POWER FAILURE/ IPAD MALFUNCTION
In the situation of a power failure or computer/iPad malfunction please use the manual score sheet provided on the scorers bench. If no score sheet can be located, please see the Court Co-ordinator immediately.
Please view the attached document, Scoring In Basketball