TEAM MANAGER ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Part of the responsibility of all Team Managers is not only to gather the team and provide the information link between Clubs and Team members, but to officially attend to the team on game night.
Please read through the following information to familiarise yourself with the Team Manager position;
- During registration, it is also your responsibility to ensure that each player is registered and the team does not exceed the 11 point criteria and 4 players with points
- ALL PLAYERS THAT TAKE THE COURT MUST BE REGISTERED AND FULLY PAID – a player that takes the court without being registered or paid is deemed ineligible to play. Any team that fields an unregistered and ineligible player will be penalised by the loss of all competition points and a score of NIL allocated for games where the ineligible player/s have taken the court.
- Please ensure that if you are not able to represent your team at any given game, that you ensure another parent/responsible adult can fill your position for the game.
- No visitor players are to play with any team at any time.
- If you have organised a player to play up (ensuring the Bylaws are abided to), please add the player to the team on the iPad prior to the commencement of the game.
- If your team is needing to forfeit a game, you MUST inform the Association at least 24 hours before the game – see the Forfeit process in the BABA Bylaws Rule 21.
- Please ensure that a competent scorer is at the score bench each game (one scorer per team). Please make sure they know how to use the computer scoring system, otherwise please assist them or find someone to assist them.
- Please ensure all players are wearing a mouth guard at the commencement of a game. No player is to take to the court without a mouth guard.
- Please ensure all players are appropriately dressed prior to taking the court (Rule 10 – Bylaws)
- Should player colours clash with the opposing team, please make sure you organise bibs with the Court Coordinator. It is your responsibility to return them to the Court Coordinator desk at the end of the game.
- Team Managers should be conversant with the BABA By-laws and ensure that no rules are broken or exceeded. Should a by-law be contravened then the team may be liable to lose competition points or players being unable to take the court.
- Team Managers are requested to follow the appropriate processes for complaints. Any complaints that can’t be resolved, please forward to your Club, who will forward to the Association.
Please see our Rules at Glance for general game rules. The BABA website has all the information needed to ensure you are fully prepared for the season ahead.
Please view the attached document, Team Manager Information